Answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions
How to get Caesar Augustus
- Where is Capri exactly?
- Famous since ancient Roman times (many an emperor made this enchanting island their home), Capri lies in the heart of the Bay of Naples, in sunny Southern Italy.
- How can I get to Capri?
- Capri is an island: it can be reached by public hydrofoil (from Naples or Sorrento) by private boat or via helicopter from Naples Capodichino airport or Rome Fiumicino airport. For additional information and to organize a transfer, contact our concierge.
- Where do I take the boat from in Naples?
- From the airport or station, you need to head to Naples’ Beverello port. In normal traffic conditions, the journey will take about 20 minutes in taxi or by private car. From here there are frequent hydrofoils to Capri from Naples (as many as 3 an hour in high season). The sea crossing takes about 45 minutes.
- Can you help organize a transfer to the hotel?
- Of course! We want to make sure your journey to Caesar Augustus is a truly enjoyable one, which is why we highly recommend you book a private transfer with our concierge.
- I’m going to be on the Amalfi Coast before coming to Caesar Augustus, is there a direct ferry service to Capri from there?
- Yes, there are regular hydrofoils from Sorrento and, in high season, from Positano and Amalfi as well.
- How do I get to the hotel from the port of Capri?
- We are more than happy to arrange your transfer from Capri's port to the Caesar Augustus via our shuttle service. You to be met by our hotel representative carrying a sign reading "Caesar Augustus" when you arrive at the port. To arrange your shuttle transfer, please let our reception staff know 48 hours prior to your arrival the time you will be arriving by calling +39 081 8373395). If there is any change in your plans, please let us know as soon as possible.
- How will I know who your representative is?
- He will be waiting for you on your boat’s landing dock, wearing a hat and holding a sign, both of which will have “Caesar Augustus” written on them.
- What about my luggage?
- Once you arrive in the port of Capri, please don’t wait on board with your luggage. Rather, you should disembark as soon as possible and let our representative know how many bags you have and which side of the boat they are on (right or left). He will make sure your luggage is collected for you.
- I’m going to arrive late in Naples, after the last hydrofoil leaves. Can I still get to Capri?
- If you miss the last ferry or hydrofoil to Capri, you will need to take a private boat. Our concierge can easily organize this for you.
Rooms & Suites
- What's the difference between a room or suite “with sea view cliffside” and a room or suite “with sea view”?
- Caesar Augustus is located right on the cliff edge, 1000 feet above the sea. For this reason almost all rooms in the hotel boast beautiful sea views. This said, rooms in the part of the building situated closest to the cliff edge enjoy particularly spectacular and completely unobstructed views of the Bay of Naples. These are our Deluxe and Junior Suites with Sea View Cliffside. For a view with serious wow! factor, you will want to book one of these!
- I’m holidaying with my sister and we would like to have twin beds. Is this possible?
- The majority of Caesar Augustus’s rooms have wonderfully romantic queen-size double beds. Twin beds are available in a limited number of Junior Suites with garden or sea view - so you will need to make a specific request to have one of these when booking.
- I'm travelling with my 5 and 3 year old kids. Do you welcome young children?
- Although we love little children, due to the hotel’s unique cliff-edge location, the numerous steps and terraced gardens, for safety reasons we ask that children be at least 12 years old.
- Do you have connecting rooms?
- We have a very limited number of connecting rooms. If you are interested in booking connecting rooms, you will need to contact the hotel directly to see if they are available for the dates you are planning to stay (+39 081 837 3395 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- I’m scheduled to arrive at the hotel just before noon. Will I be able to check-in straight away?
- Check-in is at 15.00hrs, but if your room is ready, you’ll be able to start enjoying it straight away! If your room isn’t ready when you arrive, you will be welcome to use all the facilities at the hotel – the pool, wellness facility, bar, restaurant etc.
- I travel with my dog, can I stay in your hotel?
- Sorry but pets are not allowed in our hotel.
Restaurant and bar
- What’s the latest I can eat at the "La Terrazza di Lucullo" hotel restaurant in the evening?
- Dinner is served between 19.30 and 22.30 in our cliff edge “La Terrazza di Lucullo” .
- The views from my room are so amazing that I’d much rather have dinner on my balcony, is that possible?
- Of course! In-room dining is available between 12.00 and 23.00hrs – but, it’s worth remembering that the views from our cliff edge La Terrazza di Lucullo restaurant are spectacular too!
- And if I want to eat on the main terrace?
- A selection of sweet and savory snacks is served between 15.00 and 18.00 in the panoramic Terrazza di Augustus terrace bar. Between 18.30 and 23.00 you can order Mediterranean sushi, oysters and caviar, accompanied by the finest champagne.
- I’m a vegetarian, do you offer meat free meals?
- Absolutely! Our menus always feature a delicious selection of vegetarian dishes, created with the seasonal vegetables and herbs grown in the hotel’s kitchen garden.
Facilities & amenities
- I want to keep up my fitness routine whilst on holiday. What facilities do you have?
- Our outdoor gym overlooking the cliff top gardens and the sea is open 24 hours a day, thus allowing guests to maintain their fitness routine even when they are on holiday. Towels and mineral water are supplied. Access to the gym facility will be subject to social distancing regulations.
- Do I have to pay to use the pool?
- No, use of our gorgeous two level infinity pool, from where you can enjoy tantalizing glimpses of Capri, are free of charge for hotel guests.
- I need to keep in touch with the office whilst I’m away. Do you have Wi-Fi?
- The hotel offers free Wi-Fi in guest rooms, in the lobby, by the pool and on the main terrace. Our staff will be happy to assist you should you have problems connecting your device.
- I want to propose to my girlfriend whilst we are at your hotel. Can you suggest a way of really wowing her?
- In addition to choosing one of our most romantic rooms (we recommend you book a master suite or Junior Suite sea view cliffside), we suggest you reserve one of our special dining tables or the our exclusive Pensatoio terrace where, surrounded by the most beautiful scenery in the world and away from prying eyes, you can pop the question in total privacy!
- My brother is spending his honeymoon at your hotel and I'd like to organize a special treat for him and his new wife - any ideas?
- Artisan chocolates and a beautiful bouquet of island flowers, a bottle of the finest champagne, a massage for two, a tasting dinner on one of our private terraces, a private tour around the island or along the Amalfi Coast by boat, a cooking lesson with our chef Edoardo … special treats are our specialty! Call our concierge: they’ll be delighted to help create a surprise the newly-weds will never forget.
- During my vacation on Capri, I’d like to enjoy some relaxing face and body treatments. Do you have a spa?
- We have a small, open air wellness facility nestled in the hotel’s fragrant cliff top gardens close to the infinity pool. Here you can indulge in an impressive range of massages, face and body treatments and wellness rituals for him and her. All performed by an expert team of massage therapists and beauticians.
- Can you organize a transfer to the hotel from Naples or Rome airport?
- Yes! We will be happy to organize a transfer from any airport, train station of hotel of your choice. Options include a combination of private car and public hydrofoil, private car and private boat and helicopter.
- For any transfer service please contact our concierge service
- I like the idea of staying in Anacapri but want to experience the town of Capri too. How easy is it to get to the Piazzetta?
- Downtown Capri is just a short, and incredibly scenic, ten minute taxi or bus away. Fitness fans may even like to walk down to Capri via the famous Phoenician steps which start within meters of the hotel!
- I’d like to organize a boat trip around the island during my holiday. Can you help?
- The Faraglioni, Casa Malaparte, the lighthouse: the best way to see Capri, is from the sea! Our concierge will be delighted to book you an excursion with one of the island’s traditional Gozzo boats, allowing you to sail around Capri’s fascinating coastline, experiencing the unique rock formations and caves, many of which can only be seen from the sea. Book a half or full day excursion, and you’ll have time for an onboard picnic and to swim too!
Check Out & Departure
- Can I use cash to settle my bill?
- In accordance with European law, EU citizens can make cash transactions for a maximum of 2999,99 euro. The limit for non EU citizens is 15,000 US dollars.
- My flight back home leaves early in the morning. Will I be able to reach the mainland (and the airport!) in time?
- Share your flight details with us and we’ll let you know which ferry or hydrofoil you should take. If you need to leave the island before sea crossings commence, our concierge can organize a private boat transfer for you.
- Where do I purchase my ferry tickets for my return journey?
- To make your departure as pleasant as possible, we’ll provide you with our shuttle service to the port of Capri. If you would like to use our shuttle service, let us know at least 24hrs prior to departure when you’d like to travel and, if you need to catch a train or plane, we’ll advise you which hydrofoil you should take to get you to the mainland in good time.
- What happens to my luggage?
- Only luggage which has been registered and labeled for embarkation will be transported on to your ferry or hydrofoil by the porters. You will need to carry all other items yourself, by hand.
- If I want to check out and then spend the day on the island before sailing back to the mainland, can you arrange for my luggage to be sent down to the port later in the day?
- Yes! Our representative will deliver your luggage to you on the previously agreed dock, 15 minutes prior to the departure of your ferry or hydrofoil.
- I want to be 100% certain I don’t miss my ferry back to the mainland. When should I leave the hotel?
- We recommend you leave the hotel one hour (60 minutes) before your boat is due to leave.
- Is it a good idea to purchase tickets for the return hydrofoil/ferry journey in advance?
- We strongly recommend you do NOT purchase ferry tickets for your return journey in advance. Unfortunately, tickets bought online cannot easily be changed and have to be collected in person by the passenger at the ticket office in the harbor. We will be only too pleased to purchase and collect return ferry tickets on your behalf. This service can be easily be organized once you are at the hotel.