Anacapri: Villa San Michele - Axel Munthe
San Michele was Munthe’s residence between 1896 and 1910. The fanciful architecture was meant as a perfect environment for the collections of its owner.
Anacapri - Mount Solaro - Cetrella
Anacapri is situated on the high part of the island and is connected to Capri by a beautiful panoramic road (40 minutes on foot, 10 minutes by auto) which offers an unforgettable view of the Gulf of Naples, from the Sorrentine Peninsula to the island of Ischia.
Anacapri - La Migliera
The current road retraces the ancient route of the Roman road which from Capodimonte, the limit of the Graeco-Roman staircase, crossed the higher part of the territory of Anacapri to reach the Belvedere overhanging the Tuoro and Limmo creeks.
Anacapri: Punta Carena and Faro (Lighthouse)
A seaside resort and landing place, this picturesque inlet situated to the west of the island, is set in a typically Mediterranean landscape.
Anacapri - Villa Damecuta
From the Piazza of Anacapri, on a road that passes Via Pagliaro and the windmill and winds through orchards and vineyards, you will reach the entrance to the excavations of Damecuta, another of Tiberius villas, and the Blue Grotto (1 hour on foot, 15 minutes by car).
Anacapri - Mount Solaro Chairlift
The station of the chairlift is situed in Anacapri, in Caposcuro street, near Piazza Vittoria. By chairlift (in 20 mins.) is possible to reach the highest point of the island Mount Solaro (1932 feet).
Anacapri: Towers and Forts
A recent project undertaken to restore the island’s forts and pathways, has heightened the island’s historical and scenic appeal.
Capri - Arco Naturale - Grotta di Matermania - Pizzolungo
This bold Arch is what remains of a large grotto that penetraded the mountain. The waves of the sea extended its aperture and wasched away its debris.
Capri - Villa Jovis - Mount Tiberio
Even today, what remains of Villa Jovis, the most outstanding of all the Tiberian villas, continues to evoke the strange personality of its author.
Capri - Giardini di Augusto - Via Krupp - Certosa - Tragara
The Gardens of Augustus are only few minutes’ walk from the Piazzetta, near the Via Krupp, the road which was the idea of A. F. Krupp, the German steel industrialist, who –for this end- purchased the “Fondo Certosa” (Certosa Estate), on a part of which rise the Gardens.
Blue grotto and tour around the island
The round trip of the island by boat starts from Marina Grande, from the small jetty crossing the harbour wharf. Travelling west, we flank the beach of Marina Grande and of Bagni di Tiberio. The next stretch of coastline consist of the high calcareous cliff with fissures and grottoes covered by lush, indigenous vegetation.After passing Punta Gradola, we reach the Blue Grotto.